Sunday, November 4, 2012

ketchup

i found these beautiful paintings by Tom Burckhardt that are showing right now in New York. ---- I spent my whole week in a TV less, internetless household its so nice to see paintings again. I feel like every week something weird happens that is a complete set back. the hurricane is so strange. ive spent every day with people who are freaking out about not having television or internet. I guess I needed a break to not deal with any interuptions. sometimes i feel like i'm thinking about something wonderful and then i get a Facebook alert about something i don't care about. I think the moments that we normally overlook but DONT -- are the best. i caught myself turning off lights that weren't working all week.

I'm really trying to understand photography. I really do care about it, or I guess I'm starting to. I got an A on an exam about Contemporary Photography?


went a week without seeing any artwork, and i get on artsy and find this bullshit. WHY IS THIS HAPPENING. okay i got the whole Gerhard Richter thing but why are people copying him now. Painting is doomed, sorry. I'm locking myself in a closet and calling the rest of my life Hurricane Sandy because painting is dead bye



also gotta make some sculptures outta wood and im scared of the miter saw ;-((((((((((((((((
please god let my fingers get through this week





hope next weeks BETTA

1 comment:

  1. I don't want to sound like a Tim Bavington apologist. I don't like him any more than you do, but he's been making these paintings for almost a decade, and painting has especially in New York has been doing all kinds of fun and weird in the mean time. So don't worry too much. If anything the Richer paintings, rather than being the latest big idea, or the final word, are about 10 years behind the times.

    ReplyDelete